Have you ever walked down the haircare product aisle and felt completely overwhelmed by the number of products available? Ever wonder which product is right for your hair? This has happened to me numerous times, so I decided to consult an expert to help me decipher the difference between all these products. Here is a break down of some styling products:
- Hairspray – best for holding hairstyle in place. To use, hold hairspary 8-12 inches away and spray lightly wherever desired. You can always add more if needed.
- Mousse – best for fine hair and a soft hold. To use, rub a small dollop of mousse between hands and apply to wet/damp hair.
- Wax/Pomade – best for texturizing layered or straight hairstyles. To use, rub small amount onto fingertips and then run fingertips through hair.
- Styling Gel – best for providing a strong hold. To use, rub a small amount onto hands and apply to damp hair. Style as desired.
- Anti-Frizz Serum – best for adding shine and conditioning wavy hair. To use, add a dime size amount to damp hair.
- Straightening Balm/Gel – best for straightening wavy hair. To use, apply to wet hair and blow-dry or air-dry straight.
- Styling Cream – best for straightening curly hair. To use, apply to wet hair and blow-dry straight.