I left for Australia as soon as I finished my last final exam. Some advice: try not to plan a long trip so close to final exams. You won’t have time to pack, and you’ll be running around like a headless chicken. At least I was. The flight wasn’t so bad even though it was a 14 hour nonstop flight. I flew on VAustralia, and I thought the plane was niiiice. The flight attendants were very accommodating. There were unlimited snacks, an awesome entertainment system, and pretty mood lights. It was kind of like a hip, happening place. Besides providing the usual pillow and blanket, they also provided earplugs and sleep masks for a goodnight’s rest. Or at least an attempt at a goodnight’s rest. My only complaint: the guy sitting behind me. I wanted to turn around him and punch him! I couldn’t sleep because of him. He kept punching, knocking, tapping, and kicking the back of my seat.
Check out photos from my flight!
- Hello LAX. Long time no see.
- The check-in counter for VAustralia. Look how nice it is! It’s like a club.
- Hmm…I think I shall watch Glee! The entertainment system was awesome. They had movies, games, and tv shows. You could also text anybody on the plane or join a chat room or play games with other people!
- That’s me. I look blah.
- What the plane looks like on the inside. The mood lighting would change to different colors throughout the flight!
- What I had for dinner. It looks kind of gross, but it was delicious!
- Breakfast time! Good ol’ eggs and potatoes.