I love my hair but sometimes it can be a little much! It’s super curly and long. How can I calm my curls into a cute wave without the frizz? Also, any suggestions on a new cut to try? Thanks!
I found two ways to work and hopefully it works for you.
Before I start, the important thing I noticed is to use a moisturizing shampoo and use cold water to rinse. I also use a curly hair leave-in conditioner. Make sure your ends are covered in the conditioner. To brush my hair, I use a wide-tooth comb. This helps prevents frizziness quite a bit.
The first way involves quite a bit of heat so make sure to sure a heat protecting product to protect your hair.
1. Straighten your hair (optional).
2. Now that your hair is straight, use hot rollers to curl your hair.
3. Spray your curls with hairspray
Another way is after your hair is washed, towel dry it until it is just damp.
1. Apply some mousse or gel to your hair.
2. Depending on how much hair you have, split your hair into 2-3 ponytails and tie them into a bun.
3. Use a blow dryer to dry your hair
4. When your hair is dry, unwrap each bun
5. Spray your hair with hairspray
I hope this helps!
Do you guys have a different method to turn curly hair into cute waves? Do share!
Have a question to ask? Don’t be shy. Submit your question(s) here: Ask Audrey