Palladio Herbal Mosaic Powder ($7.99) Palladio’s Mosaics come in five harmonizing hues of pinks, tans and browns combined in one powder kit. They can be used individually or blended together to create a single shade to match your skin type. They can be used as an overall bronzer, blush, eye shadow or an overall face highlight!
Palladio’s Herbal Mosaic Powder works great as a bronzer for people who just want a subtle glow or a bronzer that isn’t too intense or pigmented. You can use each color in the Mosaic Powder on it’s own or you can swirl your brush over the powder to mix all the colors together. All the colors, on their own or mixed, are very light and subtle. The powder isn’t overly shimmery or glittery. Instead, it has a slight shimmer to help give the glow-from-within look. The lasting power of the powder is great. I can see a compact lasting for a long time, even with daily use. Overall, I would recommend the Palladio Herbal Mosaic Powder to people with light skin tones. I think it’ll be perfect. People with medium to dark skin tones might have trouble getting the color to show up since the powder subtle and isn’t very pigmented.
Available at Sally Beauty Supply and online.
Check out swatches and more photos for Palladio Herbal Mosaic Powder in Spice and Goddess of Sun!
Maybelline Dream Matte Powder ($8.49)
Why You’ll Love It
A pressed powder innovation, Dream Matte™ Powder’s ultra-fine formula delivers an amazing air-soft feel and silky texture.
• Jet-milled into ultra-fine particles for an air-soft, ultra-silky texture
• Revolutionary liquid binder ingredients provide cushiony, smooth application
• Formula ensures superior blendability for even application every time
• Magically matches skin’s texture, never dusts up or settles into lines
What an awesome powder for blotting/oil control! It’s great for setting concealer and foundation. I don’t use it as a foundation because it is so sheer. I prefer medium coverage when it comes to foundation. I like how the mirror is in a separate compartment from the powder. You don’t have to worry about the powder dirtying the mirror. The powder puff that comes with it is surprisingly great too. The lasting power is also wonderful. At the end of my work day, my face was still shine free! The powder is very smooth and undetectable. You don’t have to worry about a powdery finish. The best part? No breakouts! Definitely one of the best powders I have ever used.
Almay Pure Blends Loose Finishing Powder ($13.99)
- 98.2% natural
- Natural, matte or radiant loose finishing powder
- Gives skin a polished, naturally perfect finish
- Controls shine all day
- Blend of antioxidant fruit and flower extracts, including Lotus, Orchid and Acai to nourish and hydrate
- Free of talc and added parabens
- Eco-friendly package made from 56% recycled material
- Hypoallergenic. Dermatologist tested.
I didn’t really like the Almay Pure Blends Loose Finishing Powder. It gave me a powdery finish and didn’t keep the shine away for very long. I found the powder puff it comes with rather useless. It is definetely not worth $13.99.
Physicians Formula Magic Mosaic Multi Colored Custom Pressed Powder ($13.99)
- Adjust your shade from dark to light!
- Ideal for skin tones that change with the seasons.
- Use to highlight, contour, and even out skin tone.
- Dermatologist approved.
This bronzer is buildable and sheer. This isn’t too shimmery or sparkly for a bronzer, but yet you can still use it to highlight and contour. I don’t like this as much as I like Physicians Formula Powder Palette MultiColored Face Powder. I find it more difficult to pick up color. It doesn’t turn you orange. It makes you look like you have a tan. I would rather use the Powder Palette MultiColored Face Powder and recommend you try that instead of this Magic Mosaic Pressed Powder.
Physicians Formula Powder Palette MultiColored Face Powder ($13.99)
- Just the right color combination to enhance skin tone and correct imperfections.
- Provides soft, natural color without a harsh monotone cast.
- Dermatologist approved
This comes with a small mirror and brush. I chucked the brush because it’s not good. There isn’t any shimmer or sparkles which I love. It’s matte. It gives a beautiful natural finish. The best thing about this bronzer is it doesn’t turn you orange. I highly recommend you guys give this a try.